среда, 23 декабря 2015 г.

30 Minute Black Beans and Lime Rice

30 Minute Black Beans and Lime Rice


30 Minute Black Beans and Lime Rice


Ok this is so delicious and easy to make! For sure going to be a go to meal!


So glad you enjoyed the recipe, Tanya!


The recipe calls for 2/3 cup water: what do we do with the water?


Hi Fran! The water is added to the pot along with the veggie broth and seasonings. I have revised the recipe to include the water. Enjoy!


I have a bottle of lime juice that I’d like to use. About how much juice would equal the amount in 2 – 3 limes?


Hi Nicole! I would start with about 3-4 Tablespoons. Mix the lime juice in and taste the rice to see if you’d like to add more. Enjoy!


This recipe doesn’t make any sense….you heat up the vegetables in vegetable broth and then use a slotted spoon to scoop them onto the already cooked rice? You mention spooning the beans but no mention if the corn…it’s very confusing and I’m an not a timid cook!


Hi Cheryl,


Since the beans and rice are cooked separately, the slotted spoon is used to serve the beans to your bowl of cooked rice without adding too much broth. The corn is added to the saucepan and cooked with the beans and veggies. When you add the beans to your bowl of rice the corn will be there too.


I admit, this is a bit confusing still. You must mean to scoop your BEAN MIXTURE (beans, corn, etc) not just the beans by themselves… let me know if Im wrong but I think this’ll help


Does this need to be covered while simmering?


I usually cover it to avoid the broth from evaporating too much, but it’s fine either way.


Do you drain the beans or use the bean juice?


The beans should be drained and rinsed before adding to the pot.


Quick and easy, 30 minute Black Beans and Lime Rice! With a few simple ingredients you’ve got a great week night dinner, and leftovers make for an ideal lunch!


The beans are perfectly spiced with cumin, paprika and optional cayenne. The lime rice adds an authentic ‘gotta have it taste’, and a handful of cilantro completes the bowl! Gluten-free!


Where do I begin with such a simply, complex bowl of rice and beans? I mean, there are so many bean and rice recipes on the web it’ll make your head spin trying to find the perfect one. Trust me I was once there. That is, until I created this 30 minute Black Beans and Lime Rice.


It has that ‘gotta have it taste’, that’ll have you coming back for more!


I’ve made 30 minute Black Beans and Lime Rice countless times for my family. When I feel extra lazy, I’ll toss all the black bean ingredients (except the corn, I’ll add that about 15 minutes into cooking) into a large saucepan. Allow everything to simmer on low for 20-25 minutes or until the onion is cooked.


However I am forewarning you about this method, I’ve noticed using canned beans sometimes leads to one of my biggest pet peeves, “hollow bean pits”. It’s how I refer to them. This happens when the black beans are over cooked. The skin breaks and the bean inside becomes a mush leaving hollow bean skins.


Now I don’t know about you, but I want to eat the whole bean not just the skin. So to avoid this, I allow the onion to cook a bit before adding the canned beans.


–Precooked dried beans should do fine the full 20-25 minutes–


For more flavor, add bit of juice from the beans and top your bowl with a handful of cilantro and fresh lime wedges.


Cayenne Note: The cayenne pepper can be mixed into each individual bowl, before serving, if you have spicy and non-spicy eaters


Original article and pictures take http://www.whereyougetyourprotein.com/30-minute-black-beans-lime-rice site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий