пятница, 4 марта 2016 г.

chocolate overnight oatmeal smoothie

chocolate overnight oatmeal smoothie


chocolate overnight oatmeal smoothie


I like to add cocoa powder to my smoothies as well. I really like that flavor.


You can never go wrong with chocolate


I ALWAYS need more chocolate in my life. I have been known to eat baking chocolate as well. Desperate times call for desperate measures, you know? I love chocolate overnight oats and thick, cool smoothies. This is totally the best of both worlds!


I’m all about chocolate lately too! I love the overnight oat smoothie combo, I bet my kids would love this too, and would basically think it was a milkshake for breakfast


Lately I’m all about the berries! Of course to satisfy that craving I just eat many, many handfuls…


It’s the perfect time for them! If you put a bag of frozen blueberries in front of me, I’ll literally eat the whole thing without even blinking an eye…


Chocolate chips by the handful always satisfies m random evening chocolate cravings! Of course sometimes I just need a slice of fudge cake. When that craving strikes, I don’t try to deny it!


Oh my gosh, I want this so bad right now. I normally don’t eat sweet things for breakfast, but I would sip this all day. Great idea to soak the oats before blending, I bet it makes a huge difference!


This looks AMAZING. I wish I MAY be making this right now for dinner. Chocolate for dinner is okay if it has oatmeal, right?


“Chocolate comes from the cocoa bean. Beans are vegetables. Therefore chocolate is a vegetable. The end.”


Oh heavens! With a “texture and taste …of melted chocolate ice cream” this NEEDS to be the start of my mornings! Heck – I might think about giving up my coffee addiction for this…


Lately I’ve been on a chips and salsa kick – and what would be perfect to wash them down? – why, this melted ice cream-like concoction!


That pour shot! Ugh. It looks so creamy and delicious. It’s perfect healthy cure for a chocolate craving!


I think I have to make this soon!!


I just had my wisdom teeth out yesterday, so I am LIVING off of smoothies right now! So trying this one! Thanks for sharing!


Ack! I remember doing the same when I got mine out. Wishing you a speedy recovery! And hope you like the smoothie


Now you know I’m a sucker for your smoothies Amanda!!


Pinned!!


YASSSSSS. I’m a fan of anything that has the consistency of melted ice cream while still having nutritional benefits so it’s easier to justify having for every meal of the day ;). I’m not usually a fruity smoothie person, so this is riiiggghhhhttt up my alley.


OMG that sounds just SO delicious – and overnight is always perfect, cause the early hour I raise, I can not really put together a recipe.


And isn’t unsweetened cacao powder the best thing to use in these recipes??


Yes! But I feel like that applies to any sort of chocolate in general <3


That’s an “overnight oats” recipe no one can turn down I always add cocoa powder to my overnight oats….really I need chocolate when I wake up every day!


Oats in smoothies is the best ever! So doughy and YUMMMMMM


At this point I’m not even trying to find excuses for my chocolate cravings/addiction anymore. Or just when looking at how many bars of it I’m going through while actually meaning to budget. … oh well.


You had me at ‘melted chocolate ice cream’. I feel I should finally get over my issues and try a smoothie sounding like this.


I’m thinking you’ll really enjoy it! I had the hardest time letting myself enjoy smoothies as well, but now I can’t get enough. They’re great because you can knock out both thirst and hunger in one go


After making some of your recipes yesterday, I have begun to realize that cooking/baking (or in my case, no-bake recipes) are not as scary and complicated as I thought! I will definitely be making this one. And sure, why not just blame my chocolate addiction of a magnesium deficiency… its science right ;)?


YUM. That is all.


#amen


This looks SO good!


I’m pretty certain I have a permanent chocolate craving, but it’s been even more intense since we’ve moved because we are riiiiight next to a soft serve ice cream place.. ahhh. The temptation is real every single day. Oh and chocolate smoothies ftw.


Omigosh I couldn’t even imagine. The only saving grace I have against ice cream is the fact that I can’t eat a lot the ones out there because of my allergies. Otherwise, I’d be in trouble…


I have yet to try overnight oats because I don’t like the concept of cold oatmeal. However, this recipe is looks too good to pass up. It looks so luscious! Yum!


I’m honestly not crazy about overnight oats either, but I think it’s mostly a texture thing. It goes down a lot easier when it’s a creamy smoothie


Oh girl you know I share the struggle…err craving haha!! I can’t imagine not eating chocolate daily and a couple of squares at the end of the night is almost a necessity! It’s been a long while since I made a smoothie but you are making me want to whip out the blender! Love how thick this smoothie looks- more like a pudding if you ask me which is only the best consistency to consume smoothie!


Girl, I am so on the same page with the chocolate attacks! I have no shame in eating baking chips straight from the bag! Sometimes, I even bring a “leftover” bag (a bag that doesn’t have enough for a full recipe) into work and put it in my desk! This smoothies looks insanely good though. Like, for reals. Pinned!


Leftover bag?! I like the way you think!


I cannot wait to make this…You’ve totally turned me on to oats in smoothies. It gives it such great texture and I am all about that texture and CRUNCH. Thanks for sharing pretty lady! xoxo


I love that you know exactly what I’m talking about with the texture! It’d hard to imagine going back to oat-less smoothies!


well cocoa is good for the gut too, so yes, continue to get that chocolate in. and in overnight oats form? yes, genius. I love cold oats these days. It;s 104F today… shoot me


‘Fraid I can’t do that, but I can offer you a guest room in Canada


Oh this looks so very very awesomely good!!!! Ohmygosh I can’t wait till I get home so that I can try this out myself!! (only problem I don’t have a single serve blender….dooh!)


Not a problem at all! I made this in my full-sized blender And you can always make a double portion and leave one in the fridge for later.


Genius!!!


Btw. I wanted to thank your reply yesterday(?) it really helped me a lot!


So, Thank You.


So much (is this getting cheese or is it just me? Either way there’s more cheese coming below so….yeah…..)


PS.: in one of your recent posts (I don’t know which one sorry!) you said you’ve been going through a “blog identy crisis”. Now this may sound mean but it just made me so happy that other bloggers have that kind of issue as well… Even big über super blogs like you


PPS.: (sorry if this is getting kinda long) awesome that you reply to EVERY SINGLE ONE of your comments! Seriously. Kudos.


(Ok I’m done now )


Aww thanks so much for your sweet comment, Cora And definitely don’t worry about any sort of blogging struggles you might have — I’m pretty sure that -every- other blogger goes through them, it’s just not always easy to see behind the screen!


Mmmm, this looks so thick, creamy, and DECADENT! Yummmo.


YES. so much yes to this.


I like the way you think


Wow this looks ridiculously good! Am making it right now to enjoy for breakfast in the morning!


I’d love to know how you like it, Jade!


You had me at melted chocolate ice cream.


I had it for breakfast this morning Amanda and it was absolutely delicious! Oh my! I enjoyed the creaminess and perfect sweetness. I ended up topping mine with sliced peaches for a fresh addition. Can’t say how yummy it was! This is definitely going on my regular rotation of breakfasts.


I had it for breakfast this morning Amanda and it was absolutely delicious! Oh my! I enjoyed the creaminess and perfect sweetness. I ended up topping mine with sliced peaches for a fresh addition. Can’t say how yummy it was! This is definitely going on my regular rotation of breakfasts.


Woohoo! I’m glad you liked it, Jade! And peaches sound like an awesome addition.


Remember that photo I sent you of the cocoa powder on the smoothie? Yeah, I’m about to do tht right now. Ice cream = bought. Milk = bought. Cocoa powder….Coming at cha! I would give this a go but I don’t have oats. fml


You don’t have… oats?! But… but… that’s like a staple in -both- of our recipe creation!


As usual, right now I am addicted to homemade granola on smoothie bowls…plus lots of cooked veggies. At least my taste buds crave balance I guess? ;p


I currently can’t get enough summer fruit… I’m eating it all day, it’s becoming such an issue!


Hmm I have all these chia seeds from Blend. Maybe I should start adding them to smoothies.


I had a chocolate smoothie on Saturday. It was delightful.


I was over the moon obsessed with your almond joy overnight oatmeal smoothie so obvi a chocolate version is going to be even more stellar! BADA BOOM.


Ok


…so I just made this for tomorrow. I hate to be “that” person, and ruin everyone’s excitement, but what about adding spinach to it? I puree spinach and freeze it in ice cube trays for smoothies. May just add a cube


Definitely not a bad idea, Nancy! Tossing in some spinach would be a great way to get in some extra vitamins and minerals, and you wouldn’t be able to taste it at all behind the other flavours.


Can you blend this the night before rather then in the morning?


You definitely could, Milissa. It just has to have a chance to sit for a while so that the oats absorb the liquid and make it nice and thick and creamy.


I put this in my vitamin in the morning after adding a frozen banana. It was too thick so I added about another 1/2 c almond milk. I may have added too much almond butter. I just scooped a blob into the jar. I also added some spinach and sweetner. Very chocolatey!


This sounds amazing! I don’t have chia but I do have some flax meal…could that work instead? Does the chia give it any special texture that I would miss if I used flax instead?


Have you every tried using steel cut oats in your overnight smoothies instead of rolled oats?


I haven’t, Nikki, so I can’t really vouch for the results. I want to say that it -should- work, since oats are oats, but I can’t say for sure.


Hi Amanda! Do you happen to have the calorie count or approx. nutritional counts for your smoothie? Also silly question but are quick oats and rolled oats the same? Sounds like an amazing breakfast for on the go! Can’t wait to try it, thank you!


Sorry April! I don’t calculate the nutritional information on my recipes and just try to focus on using healthy ingredients. But if you’d like to know specifics, you can enter the ingredients into an online calculator like this one to figure them out — http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator


Amanda, Your post was featured on Yahoo in our country ( India). Don’t know why, as none of the ingredients are available here! But the pics looked too delicious to ignore.


So here’s how I made the smoothie with substitutes –


2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder ( YAY!)


Drop of Vanilla essence ( extract)


2 Tbsp Pancake Syrup ( Maple)


Spoon of Peanut Butter ( Almond Butter)


4 Tbsps Quick Oats ( Rolled Oats)


Muskmelon seeds ( Chia seeds)


1 cup Natural Unsweetened Soy Milk (Vanilla Almond Milk)


& a spoon of Nutella and pure Date syrup to sweeten it


Blended it all in a mixer and left it in the fridge for an hour…


It turned out absolutely wonderful, with consistency the same as in your pics!


Can still taste the burst of chocolate…yummy


Thanks so much for the flexible recipe


Is it okay to have this EVERY DAY? It is so good!!!! You saved me with my early morning classes, thank you.


Yessss! It’s basically just like drinking a bowl of chocolate oatmeal — nothing but the good stuff


I’ve always wanted to incorporate overnight oats into my morning routine but I really hate the texture of oats so this is basically perfect. I imagine the flavors would be fairly easy to switch out. Take out the cocoa and throw in a handful of mixed berries? I’m intrigued…


I can definitely relate to not being huge on the texture of overnight oats! This is basically like a really thick and creamy smoothie And you can definitely switch out the ingredients! I have a few different recipes on my “smoothies” page, and I’m hoping to keep adding to them because they’re some of my favourites.


This looks absolutely delicious!! Do you have any advice on how to make it more of a frozen consistency? For example, frozen bananas or ice? Thank you!


You can definitely add a frozen banana! If you do, you can probably leave out the maple syrup since the banana will make it sweet enough.


Oh my god I’ve just discovered your website and am officially in love. This is sitting in my fridge ready to go for tomorrow morning – I’m so excited to try it. I didn’t have any chia to hand so I subbed a flaxseed and nuts mix – do you think this will have a major impact? Also I noticed in your hemp version of this recipe you blend the night before – would you recommend doing the same with this version?


It shouldn’t have -too- big of an impact on the texture, Rachel, but it might alter the taste slightly. And when you blend it depends on what kind of texture you’re after. Doing it the night before makes it a bit more thick and pudding-y in the morning, whereas doing it in the morning makes it slightly more creamy.


I made this overnight smoothie for breakfast and it was delicious, thank you for another great recipe!


I was a little worried it wouldn’t fill me up, I tend towards oatmeal / baked oatmeal for breakfast as even smoothies with oats thrown in don’t fill me up for long. But I was pleasantly surprised with how long I stayed satisfied today, it must be the overnight prep work! It was deliciously creamy


This was TERRIBLE the 1st time I tried it. I followed the recipe exactly! I changed to sweetened almond milk, sweetened cocoa powder, and cut the chia in half. Now it’s great!


OMG, I love oats and I get to have chocolate and healthy in one glass!! I currently have 2 hours and 49 minutes to wait while it marinates. I’m in love and haven’t even tasted it yet. I’m glad I double checked the recipe because I was going to cook the oats! LOL I wonder if you could use cooked oats. Awesome recipe and blog. I’m also a photographer and all I can say is excellent work! I have a few failed smoothie recipes that just couldn’t thicken up. Maybe oatmeal will be the solution… Thanks for the inspiration and recipe!


This one was good of course but super chocolatey and peanut buttery for me. Probably will drink for more of a dessert. A might have to save half of it for the next day! Always good though


I made this for the first time today and enjoyed it! I did use agave instead of maple syrup. Just wondering if anyone has an easy way to calculate the nutritional facts (calories, fat, carbs, protein, sugar and fiber) in a recipe with out looking up each ingredient and manually adding them up.


I normally just use an online calculator like this one, Pamela – http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator


Chocolate lovers rejoice! Take overnight oats to a whole new level of deliciousness with this thick and creamy Chocolate Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie. Silky and smooth, it’s got that stick-to-your-ribs feeling of a bowl of oats that’ll keep you satisfied for hours. Vegan, gluten-free, and packed with plant-based protein and fiber, this smoothie makes a perfect healthy and easy breakfast or snack!


The addiction is real, my friends.


I’m not sure what the heck is going on, but I haven’t been able to get enough chocolate in me lately. Some might argue that it might be a sign of a mineral deficiency (magnesium, in this case), but I’m more apt to believe that it’s just because chocolate is that.damn.good.


Whatever the case may be, I’ve been trying to figure out more ways to sneak it into my diet. Ways that involve a little more than just chowing down on a handful of chocolate chips, because although that usually gets the job done, we’re civilized people here and we want something a little more fancy. Maybe. No?


Okay, no. Not really. You and I both know that a handful of chocolate chips is more than enough to kill those cravings. Heck, I’ve even been known to attack squares of semi-sweet baker’s chocolate when I need a fix and nothing else is available. But sometimes I just want something a little different. Something healthier that I can eat for breakfast. Something like this creamy chocolate overnight oatmeal smoothie…


I’ve made an Almond Joy version of this smoothie before, and I figured it was time to give a chocolate version a try given my current… err… situation. And I don’t mean to toot my own horn, but I’m going to have to give myself a pat on the back for an idea well conceived. Because this smoothie right here? Soooo ridiculously creamy and comforting. Actually, the texture and taste almost remind me of melted chocolate ice cream…


Cool. Creamy. Silky. Smooth. Only a lot healthier than ice cream, so you could eat it for breakfast if you wanted to. Actually, you should eat it for breakfast since it’s chockfull of fibre, healthy fats, and plant-based protein, meaning it’ll keep you satisfied all morning long. And the little touch of caffeine from the cocoa doesn’t hurt either. Just saying.


Other than that, I suppose I should mention that it’s gluten-free and vegan, and that you could easily make it nut-free by subbing the nut butter for a seed/soy nut butter, and the almond milk for another non-dairy alternative like soy or rice. No matter which way you spin it, I have a feeling that you’re going to love the thick and creamy texture. I wasn’t kidding about the melted ice cream bit…


Looking for more thick and creamy oatmeal breakfasts? Try one of these!


Strawberry Coconut Overnight Oat Parfait


Oatmeal Cookie Dough Smoothie


What food can you currently not get enough of?


Have you ever gone to crazy lengths to satisfy a craving?


Original article and pictures take http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2015/08/05/chocolate-overnight-oatmeal-smoothie site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий