понедельник, 14 марта 2016 г.

Coconut milk adds luxurious richness to freshly brewed, chilled coffee in this refreshing pick-me-up.

Coconut milk adds luxurious richness to freshly brewed, chilled coffee in this refreshing pick-me-up.


Coconut milk adds luxurious richness to freshly brewed, chilled coffee in this refreshing pick-me-up.


How do you infuse the coconut milk with mint?


Thank you for this question.


Here is how I do it:


Combine coconut milk and fresh mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat for 5 minutes, until bubbles appear around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat and let steep 20 minutes. Strain infused coconut milk through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on the mint with the back of a spoon.


I have a friend who just uses a little bit of coconut milk and a bartender’s muddler to press the mint leaves into the coconut milk–then shake.


Either works.


I have added my preference to the notes in the recipe.


Hope this helps


Thanks for clarifying!


This sounds delicious, but I want to check one thing. Under the photo, it says that this drink is sweetened with condensed milk, but there is no condensed milk in the ingredients list. Am I missing something? Thanks!


Oh. My. Word. There is NO condensed milk in this recipe. It was a copy and paste error! I am so sorry for the confusion. I have updated the text below the picture.


Thai Iced Coffee with Coconut Milk takes me back to when I was 18, I moved to Miami, Florida to be a nanny. It was a great experience–one that I would recommend to any young woman. While in Miami and taking in the sites, I happened to arrive at Calle Ocho, popular as “Little Cuba” with street side vendors and these windows that were portals to my energy bank. I’m not kidding. It was at one of these windows I discovered Cuban espresso. It was strong–very strong and it gave me pep.


From being a nanny to a new bride, I remember working graveyards for a newspaper and my body’s time clock would drag come one o’clock in the morning. As I sat preparing for print with heavy eyelids, my cubical buddy reminded me of the power of espresso and on break, he made us each a cup. It was how I survived ’til dawn and kept having a social life!


This Thai Iced Coffee with Coconut Milke recipe combines my love for espresso with a taste of the tropics in coconut milk. Enjoy!


Coconut milk adds luxurious richness to freshly brewed, chilled coffee in this refreshing pick-me-up.


Thai Iced Coffee with Coconut Milk Recipe Ingredients:


Espresso


3 oz cold water


1 TBSP vanilla


A few leaves of mint


2 oz lite coconut milk


Ice


Thai Iced Coffee with Coconut Milk Recipe Directions:


Infuse the coconut milk with mint* and mix in vanilla simple syrup.


Depending on the coconut milk, you might need to dilute with a little water to get it to a creamy texture.


Pour espresso into a glass.


Add cold water, then ice, some will melt as it cools the espresso, diluting the drink more.


Pour the sweetened, mint-infused coconut milk on top.


Enjoy!


*Combine coconut milk and fresh mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat for 5 minutes, until bubbles appear around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat and let steep 20 minutes. Strain infused coconut milk through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on the mint with the back of a spoon.


Original article and pictures take http://mommysmemorandum.com/thai-iced-coffee-coconut-milk-recipe site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий