вторник, 29 марта 2016 г.

Delicious blueberries.

Delicious blueberries.


Delicious blueberries.


Delicious! Great pictures as always!


mmm hmmmm! i love smoothies, they seem to start my day off right. never tried the yogurt though, a little skeptic.


you crack me up about bananas! :)


I hide veg to its easy to sneak in carrot juice or beet juice wich is such a fun color and its also sweet so no 1 knows about the good veg, oppsie lol i guess every1 knows now. Don't tell my kids.


If you looking for a milkshake taste try some malted powder yummers comes in chocolate to so you can feel like your being naughty while your doing something good for yourself and the ones you love.


in stead of ice, use frozen berries!


also, read the label on that there Carnation powder!!! yiiiikes.


My kids and I love smoothies for breakfast or in the summer for a snack. We do banana, pineapple, mango, strawberry, yogurt, oj and milk or berries, yogurt and milk or pb, milk and banana. We don't use ice just frozen fruit. We recently burnt up another blender so I need get a replacement.


You should try a green smoothie and lower the sugar quantity. Homemade kefir is even better and healthier than yogurt, that's what I use, but I'm a long-time health nut and nutritionist :). Fruit is healthy, but lots of fruit is still lots of sugar. Throw in some tasteless leafy greens if you want it to be healthy. Please buy some quality protein powder, that Carnation junk is full of very unhealthy ingredients. Jay Robb makes very high quality whey protein or egg white protein that tastes good and can easily be purchase online at places like vitacost.com.


TOTALLY agree about the Carnation powder. Seriously? Back away slowly. You'll never miss it. Put in some spinach and you will seriously up the nutritional content of your smoothie, and it doesn't affect the flavor in a negative way at all. Smoothies are a GREAT way to drink your veggies.


I agree, Abby! It is quite delicious, as I had this for dinner. Well, I did substitute out the yogurt and carnation, and instead I put in a glass or so of Chardonnay...... ahh, happy just thinking about it. I call it my \"Wine Smoothie,\" or for you mulitlingual friends out there \"Vino Smoothie.\" It was sorta like a sangria-type thing. Yes, very proud that I could modify and swap out ingredients with such aplomb.


Always an inspiration.


*


http://mothersofbrothersblog.b...


*


MOV


Our fav is frozen mango, frozen blueberries, a banana, a box of apple juice, and a little baby spinach. Yummy!


Smoothies...Yum! I started making smoothies a few times a week for my daycare gang when the swine flu tried its best to visit us last year. I use stoneyfield yogurt because it has all those great live cultures in it and they dont use aspertame. I throw in natural honey made in our area (helps prevent seasonal allegeries because the pollen is local), and some ground flax seed. All my kids from toddlers to husband love these! :) I'll try some protien powder too. Thanks!


Delicious! Great pictures as always!


mmm hmmmm! i love smoothies, they seem to start my day off right. never tried the yogurt though, a little skeptic.


you crack me up about bananas! :)


I hide veg to its easy to sneak in carrot juice or beet juice wich is such a fun color and its also sweet so no 1 knows about the good veg, oppsie lol i guess every1 knows now. Don't tell my kids.


If you looking for a milkshake taste try some malted powder yummers comes in chocolate to so you can feel like your being naughty while your doing something good for yourself and the ones you love.


in stead of ice, use frozen berries!


also, read the label on that there Carnation powder!!! yiiiikes.


My kids and I love smoothies for breakfast or in the summer for a snack. We do banana, pineapple, mango, strawberry, yogurt, oj and milk or berries, yogurt and milk or pb, milk and banana. We don't use ice just frozen fruit. We recently burnt up another blender so I need get a replacement.


You should try a green smoothie and lower the sugar quantity. Homemade kefir is even better and healthier than yogurt, that's what I use, but I'm a long-time health nut and nutritionist :). Fruit is healthy, but lots of fruit is still lots of sugar. Throw in some tasteless leafy greens if you want it to be healthy. Please buy some quality protein powder, that Carnation junk is full of very unhealthy ingredients. Jay Robb makes very high quality whey protein or egg white protein that tastes good and can easily be purchase online at places like vitacost.com.


TOTALLY agree about the Carnation powder. Seriously? Back away slowly. You'll never miss it. Put in some spinach and you will seriously up the nutritional content of your smoothie, and it doesn't affect the flavor in a negative way at all. Smoothies are a GREAT way to drink your veggies.


I agree, Abby! It is quite delicious, as I had this for dinner. Well, I did substitute out the yogurt and carnation, and instead I put in a glass or so of Chardonnay...... ahh, happy just thinking about it. I call it my \"Wine Smoothie,\" or for you mulitlingual friends out there \"Vino Smoothie.\" It was sorta like a sangria-type thing. Yes, very proud that I could modify and swap out ingredients with such aplomb.


Always an inspiration.


*


http://mothersofbrothersblog.b...


*


MOV


Our fav is frozen mango, frozen blueberries, a banana, a box of apple juice, and a little baby spinach. Yummy!


Smoothies...Yum! I started making smoothies a few times a week for my daycare gang when the swine flu tried its best to visit us last year. I use stoneyfield yogurt because it has all those great live cultures in it and they dont use aspertame. I throw in natural honey made in our area (helps prevent seasonal allegeries because the pollen is local), and some ground flax seed. All my kids from toddlers to husband love these! :) I'll try some protien powder too. Thanks!


I love smoothies, but I absolutely hate vegetables (they just don't get along with my taste buds) so I have to hide them in other things. So I've found that if I add a handful of raw baby spinach leaves to my berry smoothie, I can't taste them but I do get the nutritional benefits.


I love having smoothies for breakfast! I'm a freak though and prefer mine without ice. This morning's concoction was banana, yogurt, almond milk, and chocolate peanut butter. (Yes, chocolate peanut butter.) YUM!!!!


I was going to say the same thing about the spinach! I put it in smoothies for my kids too, and THEY can't tell.


Me too! I have one with spinach, blueberries, yogurt and 1/2 banana every single morning.


Ditto about the spinach. It's a great way to get green into kids that tastes good. They also begin to associate the green smoothie with something that tastes great instead of yucky!


what you said Heather! I actually have no problem with veg, but my 2 year old screams bloody murder unless we hide it with a bunch of berries and then she cheerfully sucks down her spinach for breakfast.


Instead of spinach, swiss chard also works wonders in smoothies and packs some great nutrients!


we add kale to our smoothies.. we can't taste it and its a great way to get Vitamin K : )


Egads i completely forget to tell you all about subin out milk for soy milk yummers it comes in almond vanilla or chocolate it's another sneak attack way of getting good food into the family without them knowin about it.


Another big \"yes\" for adding spinach and kale. Trust me, you won't taste it. It makes them more filling and, obviously, a great way to sneak in some leafy greens.


That is the only way I could get any greens into my kids. I was always sneaky about putting in the spinach leaves, but one day they saw me do it. I just pretended like it was no big deal, added them with a flourish, and told them \"here are the yummy spinach leaves that I always put in!\" They didn't mind at all! The next day they instructed me to put in the spinach leaves as I was making their smoothies. And the day after THAT?!?!... they ate SALAD!!!!! They wouldn't touch it before, but they weren't afraid of it anymore!


I've been told that you can add frozen brocoli and not taste it at all.


I love smoothies, but I absolutely hate vegetables (they just don't get along with my taste buds) so I have to hide them in other things. So I've found that if I add a handful of raw baby spinach leaves to my berry smoothie, I can't taste them but I do get the nutritional benefits.


I love having smoothies for breakfast! I'm a freak though and prefer mine without ice. This morning's concoction was banana, yogurt, almond milk, and chocolate peanut butter. (Yes, chocolate peanut butter.) YUM!!!!


I was going to say the same thing about the spinach! I put it in smoothies for my kids too, and THEY can't tell.


Me too! I have one with spinach, blueberries, yogurt and 1/2 banana every single morning.


Ditto about the spinach. It's a great way to get green into kids that tastes good. They also begin to associate the green smoothie with something that tastes great instead of yucky!


what you said Heather! I actually have no problem with veg, but my 2 year old screams bloody murder unless we hide it with a bunch of berries and then she cheerfully sucks down her spinach for breakfast.


Instead of spinach, swiss chard also works wonders in smoothies and packs some great nutrients!


we add kale to our smoothies.. we can't taste it and its a great way to get Vitamin K : )


Egads i completely forget to tell you all about subin out milk for soy milk yummers it comes in almond vanilla or chocolate it's another sneak attack way of getting good food into the family without them knowin about it.


Another big \"yes\" for adding spinach and kale. Trust me, you won't taste it. It makes them more filling and, obviously, a great way to sneak in some leafy greens.


That is the only way I could get any greens into my kids. I was always sneaky about putting in the spinach leaves, but one day they saw me do it. I just pretended like it was no big deal, added them with a flourish, and told them \"here are the yummy spinach leaves that I always put in!\" They didn't mind at all! The next day they instructed me to put in the spinach leaves as I was making their smoothies. And the day after THAT?!?!... they ate SALAD!!!!! They wouldn't touch it before, but they weren't afraid of it anymore!


I've been told that you can add frozen brocoli and not taste it at all.


Ah, Blendtec. How I love thee.


Blendtec. Is that the kind of blender she (and you) use? Mine doesn't do a very good job and I could definitely benefit from an upgrade :-)


Yes, Blendtec is definitely an upgrade. They're not cheap (we have one) but if you're looking to pulverize something, Blendtec is the one to use!


Will it blend?


.


http://www.willitblend.com/


I LOVE my blendtec!!!


I am a Vitamix babe myself... mmmm smoothies!


Before we all load up on Super Bowl food, let’s take a break and have…a smoothie.


My mom has years of experience as an oncology social worker, and is a big believer in mind-body medicine. She’s also—wait for it—a very healthy eater, and she never walks through my house on the first day of her visit without carrying a bag of cruciferous vegetables and colorful fruits. During her last visit to the ranch a couple of weeks ago, she got my girls hooked on eating smoothies for breakfast. They’re now addicted and make them regularly.


So much better than Cocoa Puffs!


I think.


Don’t tell my mom I said that.


Here’s one smoothie we made while she was here.


Delicious blueberries. Scrumptious raspberries.


Sweet, succulent grapes.


Fresh cut-up pineapple.


Gorgeous strawberries.


Cut up apple.


And yes. A little banana. I still contend they’re from the devil, but I will say that if less than half a banana is used, I really can’t detect the flavor at all.


Use 3/4 of a banana and it’s a whole different ballgame.


I cringe.


Yogurt. Any kind will do, but my mom likes the Greek stuff. I can’t get Greek yogurt (yet) at our local grocery store, though, so I’d tend to use plain, unsweetened yogurt instead.


This is totally optional, but if you’re wanting to have the smoothie for breakfast, it just adds a little more nutritional heft to the picture. Or you can substitute protein powder or any kind of supplement powder you might have on hand.


Begin by layering fruit in the blender. Oh, and you’ll notice that the fruit doesn’t need to be perfect and flawless! Smoothies are a great way to use up bruised or banged up fruit.


Layer…


Layer…


Layer. And leave the stems on the strawberries!


Why?


Because my mom said.


After you get all the fruit layered in the blender (and I’m just going to pretend I don’t see that banana)…


Add the yogurt…


A little milk…


(Note: You can use fruit juice instead of milk at this stage, but I like the creaminess.)


And the powder, if you’re using any.


You can also add a little honey for some added sweetness if you have an overactive sweet tooth like some people around here.


Top off the whole thing with some ice. It’ll give the smoothie more of a milkshake consistency and will ensure that it’s ice cold.


Throw on the lid…


Then HANG ON!


Keep your hands and feet away from the blender.


Yum…


Yum…


Yum.


This good-sized blender, packed with ingredients, served a good four to six humans.


This is a straight-up fruit smoothie, and there’s no limit to the combinations you can add: mangos, blackberries, peaches…the list goes on. But things can get really interesting when you add vegetables with the fruit. Anything from spinach to carrots add not just extra nutrition, but some very interesting color results. Have fun with it!


If you’re a smoothie aficionado, feel free to list your favorite ingredients—or recipes—here in the comments.


Today, it’s about smoothies.


(Tomorrow, we’re back to wings and potato skins. Game day is almost here!)


Love,


Pioneer Woman


Original article and pictures take http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/02/smoothies-for-breakfast site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий