пятница, 22 июля 2016 г.

Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies

Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies


Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies


Love your food! Thank you…


You are so welcome! Thank you for being here!


These cookies are healthy and delicious, I love them, thank you for making extra for Sunday.


Thank you!!


Looks so good and so healthy! Gotta try!


Thank you so much! They are very tasty and healthy and a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Let me know how you like them!


I made these today with my girls and they were delicious. I only had regular flour and I also used real eggs, but they turned out great. Not as sweet as regular cookies but just sweet enough and full of good stuff.


Awesome! Glad you liked them! Yes, definitely full of goodness!


Made these tonight and they came out wonderful! Moist and chewy with a subtle sweetness and made with whole food ingredients! I just so happened to have some aquafaba in my refrigerator so I subbed that in for the flax eggs and it worked perfectly.


Hi Cassie! That’s so awesome to hear!! I’ve been wanting to make them with aquafaba so that’s great to hear it worked. Thanks so much for commenting and letting me know!!


Just made these. Too cakey for me. I like a more chewy cookie. I think maybe it’s the tapioca flour texture I don’t like.


Hi Jeff! It sounds like something went wrong because these cookies are quite chewy and not really cakey. Did you follow the recipe exactly as is? Did you maybe use baking powder instead of soda? Not sure what went wrong but with the oats, tapioca and molasses it definitely lends to a chewier cookie.


Using these cookies to make an ice cream sandwich with Snickerdoodle Nada Moo would be cinnamon cookie heaven


OOOOOH! Yes, that sounds delicious!


I learned a valuable lesson this weekend when my computer froze and I lost a lot of my hard work for this blog, live what you preach. Don’t let stress take over and ruin all the hard work you’ve put into being healthy. I eat well, exercise and live a pretty well rounded happy life. Enter one super stressful instance, and just like that I feel awful. Forcing myself to take a step back and really think about it in a calm way was hard. Yes, I lost a ton of my hard work. But, it could have been worse, I could have lost something irreplaceable. I felt better after I began to rebuild everything again, I took action and came up with a plan of how I will do things different from here on out when it comes to how I save, backup and organize my work files. I actually really like my new plan and it is much more organized that what I was doing. It will take a lot of time to work backwards and reorganize it all but one small step at a time and eventually it will be done.


For now, I spent today working on these tasty treats for all of you! These oatmeal cookies are my kids new favorite. They have no refined sugar, so make a perfect treat to fulfill that sweet craving without compromising on food choices. I added a bit of molasses to give them that rich, almost chewy caramel type taste. Combined with the date paste I used as my main sweetener, these treats leave you with a rich and smooth feeling without the overpowering flavor of sugar . The pecans make a great complement to the taste, as do the subtle hints of raisin. They are easy to make and the dough can be frozen for later use. I like to freeze my dough in balls and bake a few at a time so that I can always enjoy that fresh baked cookie! These are a perfect addition to your Easter festivities, I bringing a batch to mine!


Healthy yet fulfilling, these cookies combine the deep dark flavor of molasses with the sweet caramel taste of date paste to make the perfect oatmeal cookie.


Ingredients:


2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed plus 6 tablespoons water)


note: My date paste recipe may make a little over one cup, depending on how big your dates are. I use the whole thing in this cookie recipe. If you freeze the dough to bake later, make sure to completely defrost before baking. Regular oats and oat flour can also be used if you aren’t concerned about gluten.


Instructions:


Preheat oven to 350. Mix 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons water to make flax eggs and set aside.


Mix together the oats, flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and set aside.


Beat together the coconut oil and date paste. Add molasses, flax eggs and vanilla extract. Keep beating until everything is combined well.


Add in dry ingredients and mix. Add raisins and pecans if using. Mix until just combined.


Using a spoon or small ice cream scooper, drop balls of dough on parchment lined cookie sheets. Press down to slightly flatten the cookie.


Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cookies will harden a bit more as they cool.


Original article and pictures take http://www.veggiesdontbite.com/oatmeal-raisin-pecan-cookies site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий